Email - email@example.com
On June 30th our class will have their Award Ceremony. It will be held in room 809 at 11am. I hope your parents will be able to attend. There will be 3 short speeches, awards and then snacks to follow. Congratulations to Marisa, Lukas and Kendall for writing the winning speeches. If your parents attend, you will be free to leave with them at the end of the ceremony.
Congratulation to our class for winning the Pizza Party for Spirit Week!
Remember...No School on Monday!
RELAY FOR LIFE -East Cary is participating in the Cary, Apex, Morrisville Relay for Life on May 20th and 21st. It is the only 24 hour Relay for Life event in the area. The proceeds all go to the American Cancer Society. Last year we raised about $2,700 and our goal is to raise $3,000 and to get as many people to attend the event as possible. I am asking everyone in our class to donate a minimum of $1.00, but more would be appreciated. We will also participate in the daily challenge and win the lunch with Ms. Davis. The following are the daily challenges and the points we receive for each one.
Spirit Week Reminders: May 15-19
Monday - Kick Cancer - Athlete Day
Tuesday - Outwit Cancer - Nerd Day
Wednesday - Cancer is Wack - Wacky Tacky Day
Thursday - Fight Cancer - Superhero Day
Friday - Hope for a Cure - Purple/Relay for Life Tshirt Day
Homeroom Challenge Reminders:
-Student dressing up for each day of spirit week - 1 point each
-Student filling out Why I relay Ribbon and putting it up outside of homeroom - 1 point each (YOU WILL GET THEM IN MAILBOXES TOMORROW)
-Student/family donating/buying a tshirt - 5 points each
-Student Participates in Relay - 10 points each
-Homeroom door is decorated - 10 points for the homeroom
EOG PROCTORS NEEDED - Click here for information
March 28th we have our visiting author. If you want to get a signed copy of his book, have your $12.
April 1st is a make up snow day. School is from 7 to 11am.
March 20, 2017
Don't forget about the visiting author on March 28th. Get those book orders in!
Please remind your parents not to text or call you, on your cell, during school hours. This is a Wake County rule that must be followed. If they need to get in touch with you, they need to call the front office. The front office will get the message to you.
Report Cards will be sent home this week.
March 13, 2016
On March 28th we will have a visiting author. Click here for information about the author and how you can pre-order his book. It's very exciting!
February 27, 2017
1. Our field trip is on Monday. If you ordered a lunch from the cafeteria please do not pack a lunch. If you did not order a lunch or paid late and have to bring your own lunch, please pack a throw away lunch. You will not be allowed to take any lunch boxes on the field trip. I recommend placing your lunch in a large plastic baggie. Don't forget to put your name on the bag.
2. Picture Day is Monday! If you are having your picture taken, don't forget to bring in your payment. I will send you over, to take your picture, before we leave on the field trip.
1. Thank you for getting in your payment and permission slips for our field trip. I currently have three chaperones attending and would love to have more.
2. Interims will be coming home, so be on the look out!
February 13, 2017
1. We are going on a field trip on February 27th. On Monday you will receive the permission slip and information. You will have to have your papers completely signed and returned by Wednesday. You will also have to have the payment of $10. Since this field trip is fast approaching it will be difficult to accept any later notices and payments. If there is an financial issue please let me know by Tuesday the 14th. We will need chaperones, so the 1st eight Wake County approved parents that email me can attend.
2. On February 17th there is a school dance from 2:30 to 4:00pm. I'll be attending and I hope to see you there. You can buy your tickets, this week, in the cafeteria. The tickets cost $5.00 or you can use 20 PBIS tickets. Unfortunately, if you have spent any time in ISS you will not be allowed to attend.
3. The production of Beauty and the Beast will be on February 16th and 17 at 7pm.
4. Please have your parents look over the following link and sign up to participate if they meet the qualifications:
March Madness STEM Partnerships - Flyer
March Madness Detailed Information
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY JANUARY 16, 2017
WINTER BREAK HEAVYLY SUGGESTED OPTIONAL WORK:
1. Students have their codes for the web site Read Theory. They have actually had them for a few months, but I haven't seen much action. This is a very good site for non-fiction reading material.
2. The students were given a new site called frontrow. Some of the students need to take a pre-test before starting the program. Others have already taken the pre-test and can begin working towards their goal. For Core 1 - sign in and go to the ELA site. You will see both pre-test. They are not long, so do your best.
3. If you have not completed your essay, now would be a good timme to do so. This is the essay where you take one character from one story and place them into another book you read. I want to see if you understand how important it is to really understand who your characters are.
4. Look over the links I will have under SS. On your return you will have your benchmark on Religion and Achievements. I suggest you review your notes and go over all of the links I have in these two areas.
December 12, 2016 - WE DESPERATELY NEED TISSUES AND CLOROX! If your child has the sniffles please send in a box of tissues. The kids go through them like candy.
Track Out -
We are still in need of Clorox Wipes and Tissues. Tis the season for sickness and I want to stay ahead of the game. Please send in some supplies. We also need can goods. The last day to bring some in is on Monday. Hey, if we win we get a pizza party, so raid your cupboards!
Needed: Clorox Wipes and Tissues
October 17, 2016
On Thursday we have our first field trip. The students who requested a luncf from the school need to have money in their account by Monday, the 17th. Please make suer they have enough to cover their lunch. The following students have requested a lunch, so please do not send them with one:
Nathan Martinez - John Morales - Alex Rodriguez - Eric Martinez - Tony Luong - Winston Webb
If your students name is not on the list please make sure they have a packed lunch. It is just a field trip, not a camping trip, so please pack a normal size lunch.
Yearbooks are available for purchase, on line. Please go to the ECMS web page to order yours. The cost is currently $35, but will go up in the future, so it is best to order it now!
This Friday is early release and the beginning of our track out. There will not be any homework assignments, but I do expect the students to keep up with their reading logs.
As always, I will not be checking my email over the break. If you do send an email I will return a response on my arrival back to school.
Have a great track out!
Please take the following survey regarding our first dance - Dance Survey
On October 20th we will have our 1st field trip. I am still in need of two more chaperones.
Ms. Snyder and I have come up with a new behavior chart for the students. Hopefully, you will not hear from us, but if your student has three strikes, in one week, we will be in touch with you on Friday.
Any student interested in retaking their pictures can do so on Monday.
Don't forget field trip payment is due by the 27th. I'm still in need of two more chaperones. If you are able to attend please let me know as soon as possible.
Friday is early release and end of our 1st quarter. Please look for report cards.
Information about our 1st field trip will be sent out on Monday, the 19th. Permission slip, payment and lunch forms all need to be returned by Tuesday the 27th. The sooner, the better.
Volunteer sign up ends October 31. If you plan on volunteering for anything you have to be registered. Please go on to the ECMS website for the information.
Please join our Remind group for notices and info from Team 6-3 sent right to your phone.
Picture Day is on Monday the 29th.....SMILE!
This week students will have the opportunity to turn in any missing assignments. The list is posted outside of the door. All missing assignments are due to me no later than Thursday, August 25th. This will be the only time I will accept late work. I realize the students are making an adjustment into middle school and might not understand the importance of getting assignments not just in on time, but completed to the best of their ability. Please continue to support your student as they make this transition.
Stem classes begin on Friday, the 26th. I'm excited, so I'm sure the students are too. They will obviously find out their class assignments this week.
We will begin working on more technology during the school day. The students will need their devices. If they do not have them no worries, I do have a few working computers in my class.
September 6th and 20th
October 4th and 18th
November 15th an 29th
February 14th and 28th
March 14th and 28th
Student Supply List
Bookbag without wheels •Sturdy 1-inch binder • Set of 5 dividers • 4 composition books • 4 folders with prongs and pockets • Loose-leaf notebook paper • East Cary Middle School Agenda (purchased from PTA) • Pencil case • Plenty of pencils • Erasers • Handheld pencil sharpener • Blue or Purple pens • Highlighters (2-3 different colors) • Scissors • Black Sharpie • Dry erase marker • Colored pencils • Markers • Small pair of headphones/earbuds just for school • Pack of glue sticks (put one in your pencil case and store the rest at home) • USB Drive
Tissues • Copy paper • Colorful cardstock • Disinfectant wipes • Hand sanitizer • Paper towels • Dry erase markers • Crayons • Glue sticks • Rulers • Notebook paper • Graph Paper • Grocery Store/Dollar Store gift cards for consumable science Supplies